Mechanical Engineer | Service Department
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and energetic self-starter with a background in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering and a strong practical background. Successful candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical applications related to AMUSEMENT RIDE MACHINERY. Knowledge of control systems, power distribution, electrical systems, motors and motor control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, human factors, construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels and conveyance systems is a plus. The Mechanical Engineer |Service Department position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in mechanical and/or electrical systems.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Ability to provide high quality technical and logistics support to clients with respect to spare parts.
- Strong expediting and project management skills.
- Accounting background (or similar financial experience) is preferred.
- Must have a strong technical background in the amusement industry.
- Possess practical skills with knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, braking systems, and motor/gearbox assemblies.
- Be able to read engineering drawings and understand the technical complexities of theme park rides
- Motivated team player.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Review mechanical and electrical system designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Provide technical and logistical support to clients.
- Review Engineering Drawings.
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures
- Monitor action item lists to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion.
- Willing to work the hours required to complete tasks, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and global travel may be required. A current passport is required.
- A minimum education requirement of a B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent work experience) and 3-5 years of related employment is required.
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com