Seeking a motivated, hard-working Mechanical Engineer with a strong practical background. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Amusement / Theme Park Industry and 3-5 years of experience in mechanical and/or electrical applications engineering related to AMUSEMENT RIDE MACHINERY. Knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels and conveyance systems is required. Knowledge of control systems, power distribution, electrical systems, motors and motor control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and human factors is a plus. Position is based in St. Petersburg, FL.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in Mechanical and/or Electrical Systems Engineering.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Strong expediting and project management skills.
- Must have a strong technical background in the amusement industry.
- Motivated team player.
- Be able to read engineering drawings and understand the technical complexities of theme park rides.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Review Mechanical and Electrical System Designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Review Engineering Drawings.
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures.
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with project administration team.
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion.
- Must be willing to work the hours required to complete tasks, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current U.S. passport is required.
- Minimum education requirement: BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is required. MS and PE License is a plus.
Please email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.