Senior Engineering Manager
Seeking a highly experienced, hard-working and well-versed Senior Engineering Department Manager with both a strong practical and management background. Ability to read drawings and review design work is required. Successful candidate has a minimum 15 years of hands-on experience including extensive field work in the Mechanical Engineering field with knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems and human factors.
Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of experience including extensive field work in the amusement industry working on roller coasters. Candidate also must have a minimum of 10 years of management experience with overseeing a team of engineers. Position is both Baltimore and Tampa area based. Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements need not apply.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong personnel and project management skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Possess articulate, precise phone voice and have presentation / social skills to interact with vendors, management and clients.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Motivated team player while running the engineering department.
- Mechanical / Electrical knowledge of amusement rides and specifically roller coasters.
- Mechanical / electrical knowledge of transportation/conveyance systems a plus.
- High proficiency (9/10) in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel on short notice.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Candidate will be responsible for the output of the engineering department.
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project administration team
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion
- Supervise time management of the engineering team
- Conduct performance reviews of engineering team.
- Must be willing to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current passport is required.
A minimum education requirement of a B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering is required. M.S. and a P.E. License is a plus. Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org