Seeking a highly experienced, hard-working and well versed Engineering Department Manager with both a strong practical and management background. Ability to read drawings and review design work is required. Successful candidate has a minimum 10 to 15 years of hands-on experience in the Mechanical Engineering field with knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems and human factors. Candidate also has a minimum of 5 to 10 years of management experience with overseeing a team of engineers. Position is Baltimore-based.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong personnel and project management skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Possess articulate, precise phone voice and have presentation / social skills to interact with vendors, management and clients.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Motivated team player while running the engineering department.
- Mechanical / electrical knowledge of transportation/conveyance systems a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Candidate will be responsible for the output of the engineering department.
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project administration team
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion
- Supervise time management of the engineering team
- Conduct performance reviews of engineering team.
- Must be willing to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current passport is required.
- Minimum education requirement: B.S. Mechanical Engineering.
Please email resume and salary requirements to Kathy Sweat at email@example.com.