Senior Mechanical Engineers
Seeking highly experienced, motivated, and hard-working Senior Mechanical Engineers with a strong practical background. Ability to read drawings and review design work is required. Successful candidate has a minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in the Mechanical Engineering field with knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical systems and human factors. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience including field work in the amusement industry working on roller coasters or similar rides. Position is based in St. Petersburg, FL.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in Mechanical and/or Electrical Systems Engineering.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Strong expediting and project management skills.
- Must have a strong technical background in the amusement industry.
- Motivated team player.
- Be able to read engineering drawings and understand the technical complexities of theme park rides.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Review Mechanical and Electrical System Designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Review Engineering Drawings.
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures.
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with project administration team.
- Ensure continuity of workflow and accountability for task completion.
- Must be willing to work the hours required to complete tasks, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current U.S. passport is required.
- Minimum education requirement: BS Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is required. MS and PE License is a plus.
Please email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.