Seeking a motivated, hard-working Mechanical Engineer with a strong practical background. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in mechanical applications engineering preferably related to AMUSEMENT RIDE MACHINERY. Knowledge of control systems, power distribution, electrical systems, motors and motor control systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and human factors is required. Knowledge of steel construction, welding, fasteners, machining, bearings, wheels and conveyance systems is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experienced in Mechanical Systems Engineering
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Strong expediting and project management skills
- Motivated team player
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, and SOLIDWORKS. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Review Mechanical System Designs for performance, reliability, maintainability, and safety.
- Review Engineering Drawings
- Write Set-Up and Maintenance Procedures
- Monitor action item lists and ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project administration team
- Ensure continuity of work flow and accountability for task completion
- Supervise time management of the engineering team
- Must be willing to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
- Domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment. A current U.S. passport is required.
- Minimum education requirement: BS Mechanical Engineering.
Must be based in Baltimore, Maryland. Please email resume and salary requirements to Kathy Sweat at firstname.lastname@example.org.