Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and energetic self-starter with a background in marketing and trade shows. Candidate must have a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant marketing/trade show experience and working in an office.
The successful candidate will work with the Director of Sales & Marketing to coordinate preparations for trade shows and networking events, create artwork using Photoshop for print and digital ads, giveaway items and client gifts, literature, booth posters, e-newsletters and social media. He/she will also update and maintain content on the company website.
This position is Baltimore-based.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Detail-oriented, very organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of iOS and WordPress a plus.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills
- Professional experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Presentation and social skills to interact with vendors, management and clients.
- Must be able to work under pressure, be willing to work with tight deadlines, and have the ability to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Must be flexible and capable of multi-tasking and be prepared to work long hours, including evenings and weekends depending on workload.
- This position may travel as necessary to attend events.
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team; must be a team player
- Design/update graphics for social media, literature, ads, posters, promotional gifts, etc.
- Coordinate preparations for global trade shows (e.g., obtain quotes from exhibit designers and promotional companies, coordinate event schedule / tickets, ensure correct and timely completion of paperwork).
- Create/update graphics, literature, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Research and present options and upon approval, coordinate the purchase of client gifts and promotional items.
- Create and implement social media plans.
- Create and distribute e-newsletters.
- Support the creation and distribution of press releases.
- Maintain website posts such as news features and job openings.
- May be asked to assist in preparations of new ride proposals or sales presentations.
- May be asked to assist in tracking sales leads obtained at events.
Associate or Bachelor Degree in one of the following: Business, Marketing or Event Management is preferred. If this education is not available, the equivalent in professional experience is needed.
Please email resume and salary requirements to Kathy Sweat firstname.lastname@example.org.