Import/Export Global Shipping Coordinator
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and energetic self-starter with a background in Global Shipping and Procurement. Candidate must have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ideal candidate is Baltimore-based and must have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in shipping both domestically and internationally. Must have experience and knowledge of international standards, Incoterms and documentation requirements.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and use of proper Incoterms when shipping. Continued education on international standards, customs regulations, crating requirements and all shipping documentation.
- Assertive and have a talent to develop long-term relationships with vendors.
- Must have heightened sense of urgency and passion for exceptional customer service.
- Excellent typing and grammar skills.
- Must possess an articulate, precise phone voice and have presentation / social skills to interact with vendors, management and clients.
- Detail-oriented, organized, strong written / verbal communication skills. Fluency in additional language(s) a plus.
- Ability to sort through raw data and produce a matrix.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team; must be a team player.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Works well under pressure, willingness to meet tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker who is able to adjust to always changing priorities.
- Coordinate global / domestic shipping.
- Work closely with Project Team to determine requirements for documentation to ensure shipments are handled in a timely manner.
- Obtain quotes and negotiate carriers / forwarders favorable rates for ocean, ground and air movement.
- Prepare labels, proforma packing lists, commercial invoices, certificates of Origin, and bill of lading for shipments.
- Liaise with facilities, client and carrier to coordinate the packaging and pickup of equipment. (Coordinate outside crating / crane set up if needed)
- Verify and confirm driver information with carriers, communicate directly with driver to ensure that loads are on schedule.
- Perform internal notification of potential issues that could cause delay.
- Assist in resolving issues regarding load / unload, appointments.
- Track shipments from loading to delivery, and maintain weekly progress reports and shipping log.
- Perform cost tracking to budgets.
- Interface with engineering department.
- Must be willing to work long hours, including if necessary evenings and weekends, depending on workload.
A minimum education requirement of an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred. If this education is not available, the equivalent in professional experience is needed.