Field Service Technician
Seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and energetic self-starter to supervise ride installations, exercise quality control, and assist customers with their service needs. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of technical field experience with 3-5 years specifically related to the technical aspects of amusement ride machinery.
The candidate will work with the company’s engineering department and parts and service department to provide onsite installation support to our customers.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Motivated team player
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with several trades as well as onsite client management.
- Ability to implement service projects
- Must have a strong mechanical background in the amusement industry
- Possess construction skills with knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, braking systems, and motor/gearbox assemblies
- Be able to read engineering and construction drawings and understand the technical complexities of theme park rides
- Proficient in Office Suite tools, and be familiar with several engineering computer programs (AutoCAD, Solidworks). Knowledge of MS Projects is a plus.
- Perform modifications and updates for theme park attractions
- Provide overall customer support
- Will be required to write daily field reports and communicate regularly with team members and management by phone and by email
- Candidate will have the ability to multi task and to work extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive and often extended domestic and international travel is part of the normal working environment.
- Must have a current US passport
High school diploma or equivalent. B.S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is a plus but not required.
Must be based in Baltimore, Maryland. Please email resume and salary requirements to Kathy Sweat at firstname.lastname@example.org.